Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Just finished Nodame Cantabile..

You might be wondering why I didn’t released the other first impressions of the shows that are featuring this season and the reason is that I marathoned Nodame Cantabile and even read the manga also, I’m currently watching the live action version of this very amazing series. To tell you the truth at first I thought this series is quite boring because it features classical music which I found boring but wtf I was drawn in the series in just the first episode and I like the characters (specially Nodame) and the way Nodame and Chiaki treat each other. I kinda correlate with the characters especially Nodame, the way she approached music at first, I’m also like that I always do everything half heartedly and I don’t want someone to tell me what to do with my life (in Nodame’s case she doesn’t want other people to tell her how to play the piano). The series is also funny mainly because of Nodame, her weirdness and relationship with Chiaki. It’s just sad that the 2nd season ended already and I want more Nodame Cantabile goodness that’s why I read the manga and surprised that it is also good and truly deserving to get the Kodansha manga award. I wish that in the next season the debut of Nodame would be included but I doubt that since Ninomiya is still recovering from her carpal tunnel syndrome so the serialization has been irregular. Oh crap I want to read the next chapter of Nodame Cantabile asap since chapter 129 ended with Nodame disappearing again.

A series really worth of praise and I could easily recommend this to people who likes musical themed anime with a touch of comedy and romance. I really liked the series and it immediately become one of my favorite anime of all time and it made me appreciate classical music.

I don’t know if that’s a review or what…I just feel like writing something about this series but I’ll rate it anyway.

Story: 9/10
Art: 8/10
Sounds: 9/10
Character: 10/10
Enjoyment: 9/10
Overall: 9/10 (Great!)

No comments:

Post a Comment