Monday, May 25, 2009

Suzumiya Haruhi S2 - 01


Impression:
I am so glad that the first episode final premiered already but I wonder if the three years wait is worth for it. For me, I don’t know yet because I don’t like judging shows based only on the first episode, I’ll say if it’s worth the wait if all the episodes have been aired already. I certainly missed Yuki and Haruhi’s bossy attitude oh, I almost forgot Kyon’s inner babbling.

I was a bit disappointed with the art quality, the colour is a bit dull and Kyon looks different in some shots. I’m really disappointed because I think Munto was better animated than this and Munto was quite a let down on the plot department. I understand why the animation is not at its best because they are still animating K-ON and I think it’s fine because there are still some good chance they can show off in the future episodes. I also have another rant, Haruhi and Mikuru look a lot moé and I’m bothered because I like their first season counterparts better.

I'm looking forward to June 18th when a whole new episodes would premier. I think they are trying to juice up the plot and make this series more coherent by airing it in a chronilogical manner but I hope the series won't lose its craziness.

ED: Tomare by Hirano Aya, Chihara Minori, Gotou Yuuko
Well, I think the ED was just so-so, didn't like it immediately unlike the previous ED but I hope it could grow on me. The animation sequence is quite good by the way and Haruhi definitely looked moé, its kinda distracting.

until then..

~ja

No comments:

Post a Comment