Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring 2010 Anime Preview


At last I'm going to post this spring preview. There are a great amount of interesting shows this season but like I said from my last post, I won't be able to watch them because I intend to finish my on-hold shows that I've set aside from quiet a while.


As usual, I've only included in this list shows that have caught my attention so if it looks like a kiddie show or shows that promote toys (Bakugan, Yu-gi-oh) I didn't include them here. My sources are chartfag.wordpress.com, Fansub Wiki, ANN, AniDB, MyAnimeList.




Ikkitousen XTREME XECUTOR

Animation Production: TNK

Release Date (in Japan): March 26, 2010

Episodes: 12


Summary:

Academy clans wars escalate. Time to unleash the true powers of all the fighters. A new enemy appears, but fooled by only what the eye can catch, Hakufu doesn't notice the true and mighty enemies lurking on the shadows, ready to assault all that she treassures the most. Deathful eyes and souls join the fight for supremacy, a fight that no longer involves the academies only but the whole world.


Impression:

Since I'm not really interested in following this of course I won't be watching this. From what I heard this show is about busty girls who fight one another while their clothes are being torn like there's no tomorrow. Another minus for me because it's full of fanservice. Pass, pass…but if you're following or likes series with lots of fanservice then there's no one stopping you to watch this.




















Hetalia Axis Powers 3rd Season

Animation Production: Studio DEEN

Release Date (in Japan): March 26, 2010

Episodes: 52


Summary:

Italy, once home of the strongest empire in the world, has changed. This is the story of Italy, now a cowardly pasta-loving fool, and his friends (other personified countries of the world) as they live through strange moments in world history.


Impression:

Another sequel and no I'm not following this one either so I'll pass but if you're a fan of Hetalia I bet you're over joy to watch this one.





HEROMAN

Animation Production: BONES

Release Date (in Japan): April 1, 2010

Episodes: 26


Summary:

The story centers on a boy named Joey, who lives on the west coast of the United States. He discovered a simple toy robot, to discover it becomes "Hero Man", a giant robot he can pilot and fight against evil, alien invaders and other threats.


Impression:

The summary looks very uncomplicated and it feels like you're typical giant robot anime. What really caught my attention would be the collaboration behind this project. Stan Lee was the one who wrote the story and the animation was done by BONES . I'm not yet sure if I'm going to watch this after my on-hold shows because I don't know if this is the type of show that I would like to watch but I think I'll give it a try since the collaboration is interesting and I wonder how will it turn out when you combine two cultures in one show.























Shin Koihime Musou Otome Tairan

Animation Production: Dogakobo

Release Date (in Japan): April 1, 2010

Episodes: 12


Summary:

A continuation of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms based anime. After losing her family to bandits, Kanu vows not to let others share the pain she had, and quickly becomes a widely-known bandit hunter feared amongst villains. During her journey she meets others who wish to join her cause.


Impression:

Another sequel so it's a pass for me since I didn't have a chance to watch the original series and also from the looks of the promotional poster it looks mediocre.























B Gata H Kei

Animation Production: HAL Film Maker

Release Date (in Japan): April 2, 2010

Episodes: 13


Summary:

Yamada is a high school student, and a virgin, who aspires to have 100 casual sex partners. Despite this, she soon finds herself targeting and pursuing one boy.


Impression:

This was actually based from a adult 4-koma so I think this is not for everyone. I'm not sure either if I'll be picking this in the future but the cast sure looks promising with the likes of Yui Horie and Noto Mamiko. I think I would like to try watching the first episodes in a hope to get some laugh at it.























Ring ni Kakero 1 Shadow

Animation Production: Toei

Release Date (in Japan): April 2, 2010

Episodes: ?


Summary:

After defeating Black Shaft's makeshift Team America, the Golden Japan Jr. team return to training for the World Tournament, held in Tokyo. But the Shadow Clan, who use boxing to kill, kidnap Kiku in order to lure Ryuji and the others into a fight that will see who's truly Japan's better junior boxers.


Impression:

If you've been following my posts then you know that I'm not a fan sports themed anime and this anime is another sequel so of course it's a pass.























Kaicho wa Maid-sama!

Animation Production: J.C. Staff

Release Date (in Japan): April 2, 2010

Episodes: 13


Summary:

The romantic comedy centers on a student council head Misaki Ayuzawa, who despises the slovenly male dominated population at her previously all-boys school. However, Misaki's most handsome

schoolmate discovers her secret, that she works after school at a maid café.


Impression:

Wow a love-com handled by J.C. Staff and a very interesting premise of the story I'm in!! Oh I just love tsundere girls and finding out their soft spots how cute XD!! I'm going to pick this up after I've finished my on-hold shows.






















Ookiku Furikabutte Season 2

Animation Production: A-1 Pictures

Release Date (in Japan): April 2, 2010

Episodes: 13


Summary:

The series, set in Saitama, follows Ren Mihashi, who had previously excelled as his middle school baseball team's ace pitcher, due to his grandfather's connections as its manager. As he graduates to high school, whose baseball team his grandfather does not manage, he initially does not believe he is good enough to succeed at baseball, however, but assisted by his friends, he grows in stature, confidence and skill, helping his team excel with his own ability.


Impression:

Like I said, I'm not a fan of sports themed anime and I'm not following this show since it's a sequel so pass, pass.























Angel Beats!

Animation Production: P.A. Works

Release Date (in Japan): April 3, 2010

Episodes: 13


Summary:

The Shinda Sekai Sensen leader Yuri rebels against the god who destined her to a hard life. Council chairperson of the after life Tenshi fights back, using the angel's super natural powers against the SSS's weaponry.


Impression:

This is the show I'm really excited this season. The PVs I saw are just so breathtaking it's like a movie and the concert scene it also looks awesome and very detailed in the PV I can't wait to watch it!! Though I find the premise of the story unusual but still, I will absolutely watch this one even if I'm not finish with my on-hold shows. Girls with guns ohhhh I'm surely going to love this. Btw, why is it that the protagonist girl looks like Haruhi?? Will she be a rip off of Haruhi?? I can't wait to find out.























Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou

Animation Production: Artland

Release Date (in Japan): April 3, 2010

Episodes: 12


Summary:

The story of "love, magic, and battles" revolves around Akuto Sai, a boy who aims to become part of his country's highest order of magicians and contribute to society. On the day he is admitted into the Constant Magical Academy, his aptitude test predicts the following: "Future Occupation … Devil King." Thus begins his difficult school life in which he is resented by his studious female class head, desired by a girl with mysterious powers, and guarded by a beautiful female android.


Impression:

The premise of the story seems interesting but I think this series would eventually incline towards ecchi and fanservice so I wonder if I'm going to pick this up later but probably not. I don't really mind ecchi anime but not too much because sometimes it ruins the series.























MAJOR 6th Season

Animation Production: Synergy SP

Release Date (in Japan): April 3, 2010

Episodes: ?


Summary:

Goro's dream is to become a professional baseball player like his father. As he strives through the path towards the pro league, from infancy to adulthood, his passion for the game galvanizes all of those around him.

Shigeharu Honda is a Major Leauge batter on the rise. His son Goro is a Little League pitcher who one day hopes to follow in his father's footsteps. Momoko Hoshino is Goro's schoolteacher, and the first woman Shigeharu has been interested in since the death of Goro's mother. The destines of these three individuals will become intertwined as father and son experience both heartbreak and triumph on the baseball diamond. But when an unspeakable tragedy visits the family, it will take everything they have to pick up the pieces and reclaim their dreams


Impression:

Another sequel, another sports anime, another pass.























Hakuouki: Shinsengumi Kitan

Animation Production: Studio DEEN

Release Date (in Japan): April 3, 2010

Episodes: 13


Summary:

The protagonist, Yukimura Chizuru is the daughter of a doctor who works in Edo. The father leaves Edo to work as a volunteer doctor and moves to Kyoto without his daughter. As time passes by, Chizuru starts worrying about losing contact with her father, so she decides to go to Kyoto in search of him. On the way, Chizuru is attacked by few criminals and witnesses a fight between an oni and the Shinsengumi. Taking her into custody and saving her, the Shinsengumi debate on what to do with Chizuru when they discover that she is the daughter of the doctor they are also looking for. So they decide to become Chizuru's protectors and help her look for her father(the doctor). Lots of events happen while she stays with the Shingensumi, as they discover mysterious secrets and also fight against the Bakumatsu group. The story is overall romantic with a historical and political background


Impression:

Oooohhh….the premise looks interesting but I'm wary in picky up this show because it's base from a videogame and the one animating it is Studio DEEN. Anime usually based on games are not that good and I'm cautious of Studio DEEN because sometimes I like the anime they produce but sometimes their anime would have a good start and the ending would be like 'what the hell happened?' so think I'm a pass on this one.























Giant Killing

Animation Production: Studio DEEN

Release Date (in Japan): April 4, 2010

Episodes: 13


Summary:

In Giants Killing a ragtag bunch from East Tokyo are struggling in Japan's top football league. The team is going through an abysmal spell right now where they are nearing the bottom of the table and have lost 5 matches in a row. The loses haven't done much to team moral, because it was already low. Fan support, on the other hand, is looking bleak. In the world of football, once the fans turn on a team the end is near. Teams don't recover. Coaches are fired, players are sold, and teams drop to smaller divisions where profits often prevent them from ever being successful against even mediocre top division programs. East Tokyo United, ETU, can only blame their coach right now. And Coach is ready to give up this next game to prove to his team and fans, that against the biggest club in the nation he can make this team win.


Impression:

This season sure has a lot of sports themed anime and this one is in that category so again pass.























Working!

Animation Production: A-1 Pictures

Release Date (in Japan): April 4, 2010

Episodes: 13


Summary:

Set in a family restaurant in Hokkaido, the northern prefecture of Japan, 16 year old high school student Takanashi Souta works part-time along with his strange co-workers: Taneshima Popura, a high school girl who's a year older than Souta who's easily mistaken for a elementary/middle schooler, and Shirafuji Kyoko the 28-year old store manager who doesn't bother to do any work at all.


Impression:

A slice-of-life show that is a comedy. I don't know what my stand in this anime. I think I'm neutral I do not dislike it but I'm not interested but if you’re a fan of slice-of-life shows then I could suggest that you try watching this one.
















Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Animation Production: Beijing Glorious Animation Company

Release Date (in Japan): April 4, 2010

Episodes: 52


Summary:

Liu Bei embarks on a journey to quell the chaos that plagues his homeland of China bringing with him his sworn brothers Zhang Fei and Guan Yu. Having only a small army and no land of his own, Liu Bei is forced to to continuously take a subservient role to other Generals in order to keep safe from the those who continually come after his life.


Impression:

The real Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Why is it that 3 shows this season are based on this and I don't even know what this is about. Those 3 shows protagonists are either sexy ladies or cute robots but this, hmmm old men so I think I got to give points to those 3 (Ikkitousen, Shin Koihime and Gundam SD[I didn't include this in my preview]) shows. I don't think I'm into this kind of series so yeah, pass.























Arakawa Under the Bridge

Animation Production: SHAFT

Release Date (in Japan): April 4, 2010

Episodes: 13


Summary:

Ichinomiya Kou has always lived according to the creed of his wealthy, successful family: never be in debt to anyone. But one day, under the Arakawa Bridge, his life is saved by a homeless girl named Nino. In order to pay her back, Kou promises to be her boyfriend; and thus begins his new life under the bridge.


Impression:

Looks interesting but it's SHAFT again and Shinbo so I'm wary again if I'm gonna pick up this show. If it turns out that it's good for a couple of episodes then I think I might eventually pick it up.























Kiss x Sis

Animation Production: Feel

Release Date (in Japan): April 5, 2010

Episodes: 13


Summary:

Keita has two older step-sisters, Ako and Riko, but since they aren't related by blood, they love him in a lustful way. After a mishap at school, Ako and Riko finally confess their love to him. Keita dislikes the thought of seeing them other then brother and sister, but as he tries to enter the same school as his sisters, he slowly becomes attracted to them.


Impression:

EH….incest…pass, pass. But if I got curious then I might watch it and hope that my mom won't find out hahaha!!!!























Senko no Night Raid

Animation Production: A-1 Pictures

Release Date (in Japan): April 6, 2010

Episodes: 13


Summary:

The story is set in Shanghai in 1931, when the Imperial Japanese Army has been dispatched to mainland China due to the relatively recent First Sino-Japanese War, Russo-Japanese War, and World War I. In this cosmopolitan city of intrigue, there is a special military spy organization called "Sakurai Kikan" that has since been buried in history


Impression:

The second anime under the Anime no Chikara of TV Tokyo. Wow it looks darker and meaner than Sora no Woto and it is an original work and I like shows I can't predict what would happen so yeah I'll pick this up.























Mayoi Neko Overrun!

Animation Production: AIC

Release Date (in Japan): April 6, 2010

Episodes: 12


Summary:

The story revolves around Takumi Tsuzuki, a boy who lives with his older "sister" Otome, although the two have no blood ties between them. Otome manages a run-down confectionary store called Stray Cats. One day, Otome picks up a mysterious beautiful girl off the streets


Impression:

Uh looks mediocre so I'll probably pass.























RAINBOW Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin

Animation Production: MADHOUSE

Release Date (in Japan): April 6, 2010

Episodes: 13


Summary:

Seven teenagers in 1955 have to learn to live together in the same hold in the reformatory of Shio. Confined in a hall where suffering and humiliation are daily, they are waiting for a ray of hope in a dark, incarcerating world. The story follows their life together and how they move on afterwards.


Impression:

This is quiet different from other shows this season but I'm barely interested with the story so I'll probably pass. To those who like a drama anime then I think you should give this a try.























K-ON!!

Animation Production: Kyoto Animation

Release Date (in Japan): April 7, 2010

Episodes: 13


Summary:

The second season of K-ON!.


Impression:

Good thing KyoAni didn't pull another prank on this franchise. I absolutely going to watch this one because I just love K-ON oh I miss the whole gang and their very cute antics. Thank God there will be a show that will quench my moe thirst.























Uragiri wa Boku no Namae o Shitte Iru

Animation Production: J.C .Staff

Release Date (in Japan): April 11, 2010

Episodes: 12


Summary:

Sakurai Yuki is a mysterious boy with a mysterious ability. He was found in the bushes as a baby and adopted by his current family. Because of this, Yuki strives for independence. The last thing he wants is to be a burden to anybody. Furthermore, when he touches others, he can feel their emotions. Unable to control his ability, he often made insensitive blunders in the past. With death threats and his abilities increasing, what will happen when a man claiming to be his older brother appears?


Impression:

Yaoi?? The summary looks interesting but I don't really like Yaoi shows but I do like the fact that the guys are very attractive. I don't think I'm going to watch this(but I'm tempted to since it's being made by J.C. Staff) I don't know, pass??























House of Five Leaves

Animation Production: Manglobe

Release Date (in Japan): April 15, 2010

Episodes: 12


Summary:

Akitsu Masanosuke is a timid ronin on his way to Edo from the countryside when he accidentally encounters a playboy named Yaichi, who asks him to be his bodyguard. But it turns out that Yaichi is actually the leader of a group of bandits called the "Five Leaves," and he's hoping that Masanosuke will join them. Masanosuke is reluctant to help them, but as grows closer to his eccentric new companions, he learns to relate to them and grow as a person in the process.


Impression:

Uh from the looks of the poster and the summary looks boring for me so pass.























Yojo-han Shinwa Taikei

Animation Production: MADHOUSE

Release Date (in Japan): April 22, 2010

Episodes: 11


Summary:

The story follows a nameless protagonist who is a third-year college student. The protagonist looks back at the earlier years of his college life and his adventures with a particular club.


Impression:

This looks weird and the summary doesn't even give much clue on what this show is really about. It's probably a pass to me but I got to note that Maaya Sakamoto is voicing one of the characters.



There are a LOT of interesting shows this season too bad I can't watch most of them. Oh how I wish I could have infinite time so that I could watch it all. I will most probably pick-up HEROMAN, Kaicho wa Maid-sama!, Angel Beats, Arakawa Under the Bridge, Senkou no Night Raid, and K-ON!! I will watch those shows probably when all those series are finished already so that I could marathon it.


Until then…


~ja

No comments:

Post a Comment